If you like working out at home, there is probably a reason why you don’t want to go to the gym. Besides, working out at home gives you peace of mind, which enables you to focus on your exercises entirely. While in your workout sessions, it is essential that you put more emphasis on activities that involve coordination of multiple body muscles. The purpose of this is to increase your metabolic rate, which will help you burn more calories. In addition to exercising, here are some basic tips you need to know to make your weight-loss program fruitful.
Watch What You Eat
Maintain a healthy lifestyle by ensuring that you eat a well-balanced diet. It is vital that you incorporate lots of proteins, fruits and vegetables in your diet and avoid oily and sugary junk foods. Besides, performance enhancements and supplements can come in handy to complement your diet and training.
Ensure You Exercise Frequently
For you to see results, consistency is crucial. Most fitness instructors recommend that you exercise at least three times a week to avoid over-exercising, which may lead to fatigue or injury.
Drink Lots of Water
Drinking at least eight glasses of water in a day makes you eat less, which makes you less prone to gaining weight. Additional water may be needed based on other factors such as your occupation and place of residence
Get Quality Sleep Every Night
Having enough sleep is underestimated by most people. However, it is essential just like eating healthy foods and exercising regularly. Sleeping for at least 8 hours a night helps your body rest and reduces stress levels, which is good for weight loss.
Stress makes the body produce a chemical called cortisol, which increases your appetite, causes you to eat more and increases body weight. Psychologists recommend performing yoga to reduce stress since it helps your mind remain calm.
Weight-Loss Exercises at Home
The only equipment required is a rope, which is cheap, readily available and portable. Further, skipping rope can be done by the whole family at home. It is estimated that skipping rope burns up to 900 calories in an hour.
It is the best exercise to burn fat within the shoulders, biceps and hips.
- Lie with your face down and hands at shoulder width apart.
- Ensure that your backline and arms are straight and that your toes are firmly on the ground.
- Bend the elbows to let down your body towards the ground but do not touch the ground.
- Pause for a while and then straighten your elbows to push your body upwards and back to the original position.
They burn calories in your lower body.
- Stand with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Spread your hands in front of your body. Ensure that they are straight.
- Bend your knees and begin to squat as if you were sitting back on an imaginary chair.
- Ensure your back is straight and your chest up throughout.
- You can incorporate dumbbells in both hands to make the workout more
This exercise helps you to lose weight in areas such as the glutes, quads and hamstrings.
- Kneel down.
- Place your hands on the floor in a slightly wider position than your shoulders.
- Straighten your left leg and lift the right knee towards the chest.
- Stand on your feet.
- Repeat these steps with the left leg as many times as possible.